Facebook is really a part of everyone’s Internet life. It has become a regular habit for people to be on it and spend so much time. We even stay online while doing something else. This often causes some inconvenience. Say, you are watching a video on Youtube and you can’t focus on anything else now. Then someone messages on Facebook you knowing that you are online but you can’t reply to them as you are busy with the video. They get to know that you have seen the message because of Facebook’s “Seen” message feature. In this situation, wouldn’t you like to have a way to turn that feature off? Yes, you can do so and in this guide, you will learn how to Hide Facebook Message Seen Status.
Without logging off or closing Facebook, you can manage to stay out of conversations on Facebook with this method. Of course, Facebook does not provide a way to disable the “Seen” status of the messages you receive. So you have to do something else. What we are going to do is really simple, just add an extension to your Chrome browser. Just follow the steps below to get started. We will explain everything in detail.
How to Hide Facebook Message Seen Status
Follow the steps below to Hide Facebook Message Seen Status. The extension we are using is Facebook Unseen, available on Extension store itself. This extension comes handy when you don’t want your friends to know if you have read their message. You can turn it off when you want it to be normal and turn back on when you want to be left uninterrupted.
- Go to Facebook Unseen extension page on Chrom Web Store and add it to your browser.
- Once the extension is added, you will see the blue Unseen button beside the address bar like in the image.
- Clicking the button will show you all the things that the extension can do. It is really simple and effective tool which can do so many things other than just hiding “Seen” status.
- Just click the button and check the Block the “Seen” feature on chat. It is ticked by default.
- Now that it is turned on, your friends won’t see if you have seen their messages or not.
- Other than turning off Seen feature, you can also turn off the delivery receipt, “Last Seen” and “Typing” indicators too.
- That’s it.
So that is all from us here on our guide to hide Facebook message seen status. Hope this helps you and saves you in times when you want to just relax and stay focused on a thing while checking Facebook and your messages too. So if you enjoyed, be sure to share and comment below.